Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 21: Recording...and rerecording (Sexy Song)

This week I pulled together Dominic Leon and Jesse "Avalanche Suck" Mutzebaugh and we recorded a live song at my house.  We set up in the living room because it has carpet and space, and we were all really pleased with the song after our 15th take (which really isn't that much).  Dominic was on drums, and Jesse on bass, the result being an incredibly sexy song, which for right now is also the title of the song. 

However after the guys left I went back to listen to track and something happened on that take that made my guitar "clip" in the recording.  Clipping means that the recording volume was too high and made this annoying buzzing sound whenever I would get too loud.  So tonight I'm going over to Dominic's and rerecording the guitar, adding a solo, and recording vocals.  Should be a busy night, hopefully we get it done quickly!

Here is a picture of Jesse on bass.  Since I couldn't find a picture of Dominic playing drums, please also enjoy this complimentary picture of my cats cuddling on our couch.  


3 comments: